Updated 10 May 2020
We at Pickhams and Summer Trifle are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy (and any other documents referred to herein) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you from our websites (pickhams.com, summertrifle.co.uk) (‘Websites’), or that you provide to us by other means, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act (the Act), and the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), from 25 May 2018, the data controller is JOSIE TIPLER.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites.
• If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
• Details of transactions you carry out via our Websites.
• Details of your visits to the Websites.
• Submissions for the Support the Arts (StA) page on the Websites.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your device, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your usage of our Websites by using a cookie which is stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies enable us:
• To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
• To recognise you when you return to our Websites.
Read full details of our Cookie’s policy here: https://www.pickhams.com/cookie-policy-uk/
We use this information to help us improve the site.
We may embed videos from our YouTube channel using YouTube’s privacy-enhanced mode. This mode may set cookies on your device once you click on the YouTube video player, but YouTube will not store personally-identifiable cookie information for playbacks of embedded videos using the privacy-enhanced mode. To find out more please visit YouTube’s embedding videos information page: https://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=171780
We do not use sharing widgets (widgets such as Facebook Like, Twitter Share) but only provide simple links to our various social media sites. If you follow such links you will be subject to the privacy policies on those sites.
Our websites may contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Where we store your personal data
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use appropriate procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Purpose of the processing, legal basis for the processing and retention periods
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our Websites are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• To update you about our activities in Newsletters.
Our lawful bases for processing personal data:
• Dealing with enquiries – task carried out in the public interest.
• Bookings – Necessary for the performance of a contract.
• Marketing/eNewsletters – Consent.
Our retention periods for your personal data:
• Operational Database records will be deleted after 18 months of last use, e.g. attending a workshop.
• eMarketing Database records will be deleted after 24 months of last use, e.g. an email being sent.
Business records storage and publishing:
• For storing and publishing business records on this website, our lawful basis for processing this data is “Public task”. The ICO website states the following, “the processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions”.
Support the Arts submissions:
• Submitted information will be published on our Support the Arts (StA) page on the Pickhams.com websites
• Supplied images may be used to promote the StA page on social media.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, confidential information or safety of our Websites, customers, affiliates or others and in particular if we are required to prevent any fraud or fraudulent transactions. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We operate an optional choice for receiving marketing communications and will clearly name any other organisations who may process your personal data. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by using the unsubscribe function on a received marketing email or by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org tel: 01323 705153.
You are entitled to request a copy of any information we hold about you. Any such requests must be made in writing. If the information we hold about you is inaccurate you have a right to have this corrected and you have the right to request completion of incomplete data. You have the right to request the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances (‘right to be forgotten’). You have the right to request that we stop, or restrict the processing of your personal data, in certain circumstances. Where possible we will seek to comply with your request, but we may be required to hold or process information to comply with a legal requirement. If you are dissatisfied with how we have used your personal information you have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Pickhams, Hayreed Lane, Polegate, East Sussex, BN26 6RR.
Tel: 01323 705153